Thursday, December 8, 2016

This Used To Be Somewhere (Revisited)


This video revisits a site I filmed in as a teenager. I made a short film there then to a song I've forgotten the name of, from an album I called "Songs For The Sea." The four track recordings to that album were left, and later lost in old bar in Cadiz, Spain. I have some tapes and half broken cd's but the original recordings are gone. I called back to Spain for them seven years later but they couldn't be located. If I transfer the remaining tape to digital someday I'll post the original song up here. That old film is long gone.

This music video was co-directed by myself and Trevor Nagle. With the intention of making a video for "This Used To Be Somewhere" I took some footage in the location on film. A week or so later myself and Trevor took a spin, hoping to get some footage of an old ruin for the vid, without me saying a word about the previous weeks location he took me right to the same spot as I had been the previous week! The video was shot up in a little abandoned cottage in the middle of the Gap Of Dunloe, Killarney, before you come to the Black Valley.

This Used To Be Somewhere is a song from the album "Where Splendour Falls" which is being released on digital download and vinyl. The digital download is available here. The vinyl is being printed at the moment and will be ready to ship by mid-January, if you want to reserve a copy of that send an e-mail to -

info@charlieobrien.net


No comments:

Post a Comment